The festive season is finally here and that can only mean a chock-a-block social calendar filled with must-attend parties and soirees. This also means that it’s that time of the year when we deck up in our finest desi wear.
This festive season, we cue you in on our favourite cuts and prints that are sure to make you dazzle at any occasion.
1. Flowing silhouettes rock our charts with grand Anarkalis, long skirts and elegant gowns. Pleated skirts with crop tops are very much the rage this season. The colours and fabrics available are many so choose with care and this cut will show off your hourglass figure in style.
2. Comfortable yet classy, the straight cut with its clean silhouette lends a regal air to any outfit. Try a straight-cut kurta with straight bottoms or a long jacket with straight pants.
3. When you have an array of options to choose from, layer up! Play with varying lengths and textures to see what suits you best. Team a long sleeved blouse with a skirt and throw in a sleeveless jacket or pair a sheer long jacket over a crop top with palazzo pants.
4. Asymmetrical hemlines always lend a quirky touch to any outfit. Try asymmetrical kurtas with leggings or skirts.
5. Digital prints have taken the fashion world by storm and can add that extra something to your outfit. You can use a digital print dupatta with a plain suit or digital print kurti with mono-coloured leggings.
6. Macro florals in eye-catching hues are a definite head turner. Opt for a floral skirt and team it up with a fitting crop top or blouse. Floral kurtas or jackets can even be teamed with other prints for a winning combination.
7. Block printed motifs are a favourite this season. From small prints to bold, vibrant ones, block prints are as versatile as it gets.
8. Metallic and foil prints are your best bet this season as they offer that bit of opulence to any outfit making your ensemble an instant hit.
9. Luxurious brocades are any wardrobe essential and can uplift your style with effortless grandeur. Experiment with unusual cuts and styles to upgrade your look this season.
10. Go sheer this Diwali to grab that much deserved attention. Keep it simple with a dreamy sheer saree and a striking blouse or layer a sheer kurta with an embellished inner. Kurtas with long sheer sleeves also look striking for any occasion.