The holiday season is on at full blast, and you just killed it with your Christmas outfit, but all’s not won yet! Yes, the New Year is still yet to make its smashing entry and you want to look all ready for it, right? So, with the New Year’s Eve right round the corner, you’re planning what kind of make-up to go for, and thinking how to take care of your skin post all the partying. Because, as we know, with all the oily snacks, late-night dancing, party-hopping, lack of sleep, it can be a very difficult time for your skin. So, you need to make sure you glow at the NYE parties and your skin retains all the healthiness even after it!
- All of us love a classic black cat-eye look but NYE is the time to step up your eye game by going for a winged look in a neutral shade and then contrasting it with a neon gel eye-liner. If you are feeling adventurous, you can even top it off with some colored mascara.
- Big bold lashes are also always a great idea. Just make sure to keep the rest of the face quite neutral with soft eye shadow or nude lips. This will ensure that your lashes get the attention they deserve.
- Glittery eyes are worth all the hype and what better time to try this out than the NYE party! You can either go for a glittery liquid eye-shadow on most part of your lids with a dark smokey powder shadow effect on the edges. Or you can go for stick on jewels or pack on heavy glitter in the centre of the lids and blend out towards the crease.
- We know Halloween is long gone, but dark, bold, dark lips are still in play. You can opt for a dark maroon, rich plum or even a dark chocolate lip-color and make a statement with that pout. But do remember to apply loads of lip balm if you are going for a matte lip product, so that your lips don’t crack up.
- As winter is here to dry out your skin, it’s always better to go for water-based foundation than matte foundation. Also, moisturize well before you add even a drop of makeup to your face, or else the foundation will create a dry and patchy base.
- Woke up to find a pimple just a day or two before the happening year-end party? We know you are stressing out but no worries; we will help you zap the zit. Just apply some anti-acne gel on top of the pimples to soothe them. Use your makeup skills to cover them up flawlessly with concealer, and you are all set!
- Without a doubt, you would want your mane game on point for NYE and you simply can’t do that with dry and frizzy hair. Opt for a good protein hair mask that shall add new life to your hair and you can let it down at the party. (Quite literally). Also, do not forget to slather on some heat-protectant serum before going about experimenting with hair-styling tools.
- This is one of the most important things to remember. No matter how tired or sloshed you are from a night full of dancing and merry-making, you have to take off your makeup before hitting the bed. A good cleansing & toning routine will ensure that your skin breathes and your pores don’t clog up.
- Keeping a hydrating spray mist in your handbag is always helpful as it helps you to freshen up and rehydrate your skin anytime during day or night. All you need is a spritz and you will be looking as lovely as ever!
The last night of the year is also the last of the year’s holiday season and is the perfect occasion to look the most glittery, glitz and glam version of yourself. Follow these tips and tricks, and no matter how hard you party, your makeup is sure to end the year on a high note!